Extension of the JobKeeper Payment Scheme
The JobKeeper extension will extend the scheme until 28 March 2021. A new application will need to be completed to access the extension.
From Monday 3 August 2020
- Staff hired between 1 March and 1 July 2020 may now be eligible for JobKeeper and added to your current Jobkeeper Declaration.
From 28 September 2020 to 3 January 2021
JobKeeper Payment rates will be:
- $1,200 per fortnight for all eligible employees and for eligible business participants who were working for 20 hours or more a week on average in the four weeks of pay periods before either 1 March 2020 or 1 July 2020, and
- $750 per fortnight for other eligible employees and business participants.
Decline in Turnover Test:
- Businesses will need to demonstrate that their actual GST turnover has fallen by 30% in the September quarter 2020 (July, August, September) relative to a comparable period (generally the corresponding quarter in 2019).
A note to eligible employees
Employees are eligible in the extension period if they:
- Are currently employed by an eligible employer (including if you were stood down or rehired)
- Were for the eligible employer either:
– a full-time, part-time or fixed-term employee at 1 July 2020; or
– a long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months) as at 1 July 2020 and not a permanent employee of any other employer.
- Were aged 18 years or older at 1 July 2020 (if you were 16 or 17 you can also qualify if you are independent or not undertaking full time study).
- An Australian resident.
Some employees are not eligible if they receive certain forms of Government assistance (e.g. government parental pay).