Dear valued client,
As part of the JobKeeper eligibility condition, we would like to remind you of your business’s ongoing monthly employee and turnover reporting obligations.
If you would like our office to assist you with these reporting requirements, please contact us on (03) 9431 1420 and we can quote you our fee for the service.
Ensure the books are kept up to date and prepare the following reports for us:
- Previous month sales report
- Current month projected sales report
- Payroll activity report for the current month
- Let us know if any employee has been made redundant during the previous month
Ongoing Employee Eligibility Reporting
- Confirm employee eligibility each month via STP or via the online business portal if you have not registered for Single Touch Payroll.
- You must notify the ATO if an employee no longer qualifies or does not wish to participate in JobKeeper.
If your business is currently using compliant STP Payroll Software:
- Ensure your payroll and STP software is set up properly for JobKeeper. If you require further information regarding the setup required in Xero/MYOB/Intuit QuickBooks, please contact us for this.
- Importantly eligible employees need to be paid the $1,500 gross per fortnight to be eligible.
If your business does not report through STP, you need to:
- Update details of eligible employees manually with the ATO via the online business portal using the myGovID, unless you require us to do this on your behalf. Please advise our office ASAP if this is the case.
- As part of your monthly reporting obligations to the ATO you will also need to advise any changes to eligible employees if our office has been engaged to do your monthly reporting please advise these details ASAP.
- To use the Business Portal you will need a myGovID linked to your ABN in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). You can find out how to set this up at ato.gov.au/mygovid.
For further information from the ATO, click here: JobKeeper Step 2
Ongoing Monthly Turnover Reporting Obligations
- In order to continue to qualify for the ongoing JobKeeper payments, your business must lodge a monthly declaration to the ATO to confirm the previous month’s turnover in addition to providing the projected turnover of the current payment period.
- For the current April period, you need to report the actual April turnover and provide the projected May turnover to the ATO.
- If your business fails to report, the payment may be stopped immediately by the ATO.
- Please contact us if you require assistance with the monthly reporting obligations and we can quote you our fee for the service.
- If you have already engaged our office to complete the monthly declaration on your behalf, please provide these details to the accountant as soon as possible.
For further information from the ATO, click here: JobKeeper Step 3
C & H Accounting Group team